Friday, February 22, 2013

It's a Boy!!

We had our first ultrasound yesterday!!! It was really neat! At times it almost felt kinda boring because the tech had to find different things to measure for the doctors. Quentin wasn't cooperating at first. He was laying all curled up with his butt in the air. She scanned over my bladder and said it was full so she told me to go the bathroom and see if we could get some better scans. I came back and I think he had moved some. You could see his spine really well. He would move his hands a lot. It was really neat to see him move! We didn't know the sex until the end though. He was laying curled up and not exposing himself. At one point the tech joked that he had his hand between his legs, so that it must be a boy, hahaha!! She had me get up and do some exercises to see if he would start moving around! It worked and we found his little penis! So it's a boy! We got to see his brain and they measured the cerebrum, cerebellum and this area of fluid around the brain. They said his was below 10 and that was good. We saw all 4 chambers of his heart. We saw his bladder, maybe kidneys, and all kinds of bones. Can't remember what else we saw. I should have wrote this stuff down sooner! It looked like he had long fingers and big feet! Just like his parents! They gave us 10 different pictures to take home with us and printed out lots more for the Docs to looks at. When they first started they switched over something so we could hear what was going on and we heard the heart beat again and it was 146!  When I told my mom after the appointment what the heart rate was, she guessed he was a boy just based on that! It's silly how people do that! We asked our Dr. the last time and she said she didn't believe you could tell the sex just based off that! Oh, they said Quentin weighed about 10 ounces right now!!

After the ultrasound part we met with the doctor for a few minutes. I thought she was going to do a regular exam or something, but I never once even took my clothes off the hours we were there, lol. So I shaved my legs for nothing! haha!

Next appt is March 27!

1 comment:

Dark Rai said...

It was amazing to see him move!
I cant wait to meet him and give him hugs and Kisses!! Love you babe!