Ryan and I couldn't make up our minds what we wanted to do for our 3 year/11 year anniversary! We thought about going to Chicago to see the Shedd Aquarium, but both chickened out/talked ourselves out of it! We then thought about just going to Indy like we usually do and finding something to do. Then I got an e-mail about a job interview in Indy on the day we had to do stuff! So it was settled, we were definitely going to Indy. I found this cool play thing going on at the Benjamin Harrison house that was CSI on Victorian Villians, but on Sunday the latest showing was 6 and I was kinda confused about the rsvp process and whatnot. We ended up taking longer than we thought and didn't even get to Indy until maybe 7:30 or 8. On the way there we were thinking of places to eat and were both starving! I had a list of places downtown with the ones we've been to checked off. We thought about P.F. Changs and thought it sounded good! So after we got into Indy and checked into our room at the Hilton (got a good rate on hotwire!) we walked over to the restaurant. It was pretty nice! We asked the waiter for suggestions since it was our first time and Ryan got the Mongolian Beef and I got their equivalent to General Tso. Both were very yummy!! It didn't look like much food, but it was! We also got some fried pork wonton things for an appetizer and then got some shooters for dessert. Mine was triple chocolate mouse and Ryan's was some lemon thing. Yummy!
Afterwards we walked downtown some more and went over to Nicky Blaine's, but they weren't open on Sundays :( That place just looks awesome!! Next time we're in Indy, they better be open!! So we headed back to the hotel and swam in the pool and relaxed in the hot tub! There was a creepy guy boggarting the hot tub though so we had to swim longer than I wanted. The water was cold!
Monday morning I got up for my interview. It went okay. Differerent than what I had prepared for! But I answered all the questions as best as I could without doing any research. Got back up to the hotel to get Ryan up. We walked over to Downtown Comics and bought some cool stuff! Got some comics and a lead Hulk figure!
Afterwards we went to Garfield Park and walked around the conservatory. Our friends Brian and Lori had gone once and it looked really neat! And it was!! We did a little self-guided tour and took lots of pictures!! I'll post them on fb soon!
Afterwards we headed back up north and went to Dave & Buster's. We were thinking about going back there for awhile now. It was around 3 or 4 when we got there so it wasn't busy at all! I got a double chicken parmesean sandwich and Rai got a philly cheesesteak sandwich. We played some games and I got my skee-ball on!! Whoop Whoop! I need my own skee-ball machine at home!
After leaving there we walked over to a couple shops nearby and then headed towards Fashion Mall. I read it was one of the best malls in Indiana. We kept talking ourselves out of going and looked to see if there were any game stores around. We found a Game Preserve across the street from the mall in the Fashion Mall Commons. So we went there and got an expansion for the LOTR card game, some Magic cards, and some Munchkin accessories! I found purple munchkin dice and a zombies counter! The people working there were friendly with each other, but they only talked to us when Ryan asked questions. I didn't feel very welcomed and their store wasn't displayed very well.
We got lost a couple of times on our little adventure, but it all worked out! The whole city is under construction for the upcoming super bowl, so that sucked a little! Our parking garage sounded like the tripods from the War of the Worlds movie with Tom Cruise! Lolz!
Today is our actual wedding anniversary and we both had to work :( Sucks, but what can you do? Overall a great "weekend"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment