Yesterday I got a text from one of my co-workers asking if I could work for her Saturday evening and do a double (since I work nights on the weekends). I told her no problem. She talked to our supervisor to get it approved and it was denied because of the overtime I would get for it. While talking to the supervisor another staff was on shift with her getting overtime as they spoke. I get to work tonight and found out the same girl that was here yesterday getting overtime got to go ahead and come in and work this evening for overtime as well. WTF??!! I sent two emails to my boss and her boss. And the girl is a day shift person, not even a full time evenings person like am more or less. And I bill heck of a lot. I am already at 100% of my annual goal and still have til June 30th!!!!!!!!! It's all this double standard shit that made my good friends quit working here. I need to get out of this place. This month marked 4 years or working here. Whoo-hoo, no raises ever.... :(
More tire drama..... first of all.... we had a bad storm come through the end of May, basically a tornado. Lots of our neighborhood had trees down and roofs messed up. Luckily ours was fine. They finally got insurance money to fix all of the roofs in the end of October/Novemeber. The lovely roofing guys didn't clean up any of their nails and we found like 16 total, including 3 in Ryan's truck tire. We got him a new tire and still haven't been reimbursed for it. We've talked to our land lady a few times and they still need to pay the workers the last bit and are supposed to do a final walk through and we're to show them the nails and the tire.
We also got new windows, shutters, gutters, porch post, front door, and a new doorbell (when they put the new door on, the wires wouldn't reach for the old doorbell). I don't know if it was somewhere in this process or if I picked it up somewhere else, but on Christmas morning we started to put stuff in my car to head to Rockville and I had a flat tire on my car, a screw sticking out of it. So we just took Rai's truck and dealt with my car later - no place was even open on Christmas and I had to work stupid hours. So we got my spare tire on my car and I drove to work some days. We ran out of money with last minute Christmas shopping and whatnot, but had some extra money on our Walmart credit card. So we went to Walmart to get my tire fixed or get a new tire. They took it off and repaired the hole, but in the process broke my valve stem. They didn't fess up to it, but said it was just like that.... okay if it was just like that, it would have been flat before the screw... and my car has the tire pressure monitoring system thing in it and they didn't have any in stock. So more days driving on the scary donut - my top speed was like 30, maybe 40 max. Terrible and scary!! I had an appointment on payday at Dodge to get it fixed. $120 later....(counting a $20 oil change in there too) 2 days later my tire light came on. I was a little worried, but it was on all the time last winter so I thought maybe it was just because it was cold out. This morning I noticed that tire was looking really low and weird. So I stopped at a gas station to air it up. My tire pressure gauge wasn't working and neither was the one on the air pump. I couldn't tell if it was working or not. Then I read a warning of how tires can explode if too full. So I freaked out and stopped at Walmart before going home. Needed to kill time for the bank to open at 9 am this morning anyways... so they found the leak - Dodge didn't "torque the valve stem" so it was leaking. It would have been flat in a few days. They fixed it and didn't charge me anything again. (They didn't charge me the first time for the patch either bc of the valve stem thing). And my light is still off! So I hope I don't have any more problems with it. Hopefully we can get me some new tires/brakes at tax time or sometime soon.
*Sigh*
I just wanted to get that all off my chest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh my god she still writes!!!
that does blow monkey balls..
and 4 years of a shit job.. time to find something else... or move out of the state.. been staring down that option for a while..
Post a Comment