My friend Amanda got the tickets for my friend Kim and I. We decided to the stay the night in Indy the night before and the night of the concert. We didn't get to Indy until kinda late Monday. We walked downtown some to find some place to eat and just ended up eating at Steak-N-Shake. We went back to the hotel and played a board game called Fact or Crap (Jan gave it to us before they moved). It was pretty fun. Had some margaritas in the hotel, made some necklaces/bracelets to wear to the show and then went to bed. Tuesday morning we got up and went swimming!! Sat in the hot tub for about 20 minutes first and then swam for another 30 probably! Very relaxing and fun. Then we took showers and headed over to Circle Center Mall to eat a light lunch. Ate grilled paninis at a smoothie place. Pretty good, but had these little spicy peppercinis all over it. They had big screen tv's all around the food court that you could text in the code and select the music video playing. We played a couple Backstreet Boys songs and one New Kids song!!!!!! You couldn't tell we were going to the concert later... haha!!! Then we started walking around the mall. Kim and I went into Hot Topic and Amanda stayed out in the hallway. When we came out she said she thought she saw a guy that looked like Danny. Well he walked by again and he did!!! So we kinda followed him and found him at the ATM. He was with his teenage daughter. I asked for a photo and he wasn't happy about it, but he did take one!!!!!! I was so excited!!!!! We kept our eyes out for anyone else, but didn't see anyone.
After leaving the mall, we decided to walk around Conseco to see if we could see anything! We saw a bunch of buses and were told to move across the sidewalk. They let out a couple vans and nothing exciting was happening. We were getting really hot too so we decided to leave. While we were waiting though, this scary couple came up to us and were talking for a bit and said that some of the guys were staying at the Conrad downtown. On the way back to our hotel, I saw the Conrad and asked if they wanted to walk by. So we did and sure enough, their luggage was being loaded into those vans we saw leave Conseco!!! Buca di Beppo was right next door so we sat in the outside part and got drinks. I felt like the paparazzi!! I had my camera out trying to get anything I could!! We saw Danny and his daughter, AJ, Howie, and Brian get in the vans!!! I thought I was recording video when AJ came out, but I wasn't recording :( I hate it when I do that!!!! It was pretty cool though, being that close!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp5sLFg4GvA
After they left, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the concert. We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe! I had been there once before, but Kim and Amanda had never been. Amanda and I got this twisted mac, chicken, and cheese. It was really yummy!! I opened the drink menu and the first thing I saw was Hypnotiq Tea! Got it and it was yummy! It was like a Long Island, but made with Hypnotiq and another Blue Liquor. We got to the restaurant just in time, before it got too busy!! They sat us in the Michael Jackson room. It was quieter than the rest of the place, but none of us were big MJ fans. We did see other NKOTBSB fans there when we were leaving!!
We then headed back over to Conseco to get ready for the show! The line in the place wans't near as long as the line for merchandise!! I got an autographed and kissed cd from Jordan Knight!! Listening to it right now actually... ;) The concert was absolutely amazing!! Even if you don't like the music, the performance was very entertaining! It started with this band called Midnight Red. They're a pop boy band, but were really good! Then Matthew Morrison sang! He playes Will Schuester on Glee!! I was so excited when I heard he was going to be performing. He did really good!! His part opened up with a video clip of him and Jane Lynch (who plays Sue on Glee) in a VW Beatle driving around with him singing all the songs on the radio with her making fun of him. It was pretty hilarious!! He sang and danced and did a great job!! Here's a link to some of the video I took of his performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-7Qoq9mOJQ
After he was done, NKOTBSB started!! The intro was pretty long and the concert lasted pretty long as well! The "penis stage" is pretty funny! They actually call it that and it is shaped like a penis! hahaha!! I don't have my videos ready on youtube yet. I got them all together in one 28 minute video though!! Some of the quality is really bad though :( It was hard to get good shots in there! I posted my best pictures on facebook, but left all the videos and put them together. I had cleaned off my memory card in my camera before leaving and then realized I didn't have much video time left to take. So I decided to wait until near the end and get part of the finale. Well before that, my battery had died! So I had to switch to my phone. The sound is really terrible on it :( You can hear some music though if you try real hard to drown out the static and booming sounds.
Some highlights...... the Backstreet Boys went into the crowd to pick girls to come up on stage to serenade. I had seen a couple of them that were chosen. One was an old lady!!! She was in the front row on our side, white hair and all. Brian picked her and had his arm around her the whole time. It was sweet! Then one of the guys picked this hot chick wearing a shiny silver shirt. One guy though actually took his time going through people and picked a bigger girl that wasn't the 'hot chick'. I thought that was awesome!! You could tell she was so happy to be chosen! I think she was crying at one point!! I would have!! haha!!!! At another point 2 of the BSB came out from our side aisle down to the stage!!! We were pretty far in though so didn't get to be real close. Got a couple pics. Our seats were pretty good! We were in the section behind the floor seats right below the box seats. There was a lot of thrusting and some stripping from the guys.... lolz!!!! Near the end, they introduced each other. They were saying that each boy band had their bad boy, the cute one, etc... Donnie and AJ were the bad boys! Then I think Joey and Brian were the cute ones. I think it was Nick they said loved cherries and were making jokes about popping cherries and if he could tie a knot in the stem! It was funny!!
I wish I had written this a couple days ago instead of waiting! I've told a lot of this story to people and now don't feel like going into all the details!! I did give a lot though! So thanks to those who stayed with me!! ;)
So yeah... had an awesome time!!!! And I'll be back in Indy in 5 days for Gen Con!!!!!!!!!
Check out concert pics here:
and here:
2 comments:
Wow, sounds like so much fun. Those boyz are nasty in their old age, lol. I saw NKOTB when I was 6...my first concert (I was dragged to...but had fun). Awesome girl's night!
really?.. REALLY?.. sounds like you had fun.. as you should..
Post a Comment