Sunday, June 12, 2011
RIP SP
24 hrs ago, little SP was sitting behind me falling asleep in the chair. She woke up around 3:30 yesterday not feeling well and asked for her inhaler. I gave her some water and talked to her for a bit and she was dosing off and on til going back to bed at 4:30. I woke her up for breakfast at 6. I think she ate (didn't go up front while they were eating this morning). She still compained of just feeling achy like she did last time she went to the hospital (with pneumonia (been awhile ago)). She asked for some tylenol around 6:45. I left here a little after 7 and found out later that day shift was going to take her to the hospital just in case her pneumoia came back in a hurry, but before they could leave she fell unconsious in one of my co-workers arms and died. I've never had a resident die before :( I read of one I worked with at Crawford had passed away, but I didn't know her like I knew SP. She was one of my favorites. I could totally relate to a lot of stuff with her! Her indecisiveness could be irritating at times, but I know how she feels, haha! She had really pretty hair after growing it back from battling with cancer some time ago (I didn't know her then). She was only 58. Sometimes when talking to her it felt as if I was talking to my Aunt Virginia, my dad's sister who passed away in 2000. SP was a good listener and got to know staff and ask questions. Don't know how many times I showed her pictures of Buster! She had a good memory too! I still just can't believe she's gone. We have 2 other residents that we all fear could go at any time, but God chose her first. Rest in peace, Miss SMP, we all love and miss you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Still think of you often! This place isn't the same without you! Your bed is still empty and your cane unused. As I look at the picture of you on the wall next to me, I smile in remembrance!
Post a Comment