Friday, March 25, 2011
Our house is so not kid friendly!!
We've lived in our apartment for 4 years this June! In that 4 years, my only family that have visited until this month had been my parents! My cousin Brandon brought us a fish tank he wanted to get rid of a couple weeks ago and my cousin Amy came with her daughter and my great aunt Vicki to get her guinea pig we were pet-sitting while she was on vacation. My sister made a comment that she had never been inside. She's been outside once I think - we went to Toys R Us at Christmas time to use Rai's discount card to get the kids their Xmas! So... Ryan was at work and I thought, why not invite her over. Well it became her and the kids and then it became her, the kids, and her 'hubby'. So I got the house all cleaned up and they came over yesterday evening. Salena will be 7 I think on Sunday and Xander is a couple years younger. Everytime I turn around, they were picking up stuff asking what it was. OMG!! Put that down!!!! Don't touch that!! Don't hit the fish tanks!! You're hurting them!! Quit jumping!! Stop yelling!! Quit making the dog bark!! It was chaos!! At one point Xander got mad at one of my games that was sitting out and literally took his foot and stomped on my game :( Luckily it didn't break. While playing Wii, I said over and over to make sure that their remotes were tightened and to not let go! Luckily they didn't, but they kept taking the remotes all over the house and banging them around. I was so scared they were going to break something all evening, but I don't think they did. Ryan found fingerprints on the TV though. I asked if watching a movie helped calm them down and they said sometimes. So I asked what they wanted to see and Salena just started pulling movies off the shelf. Put that back!! Don't touch!! Tried watching Ghostbusters on blu-ray, but the player wasn't working. Then Adam suggested Iron Man. He hadn't seen the sequel so we had the 2nd on bluray and I got the player to work this time and we started it. But the kids were still at it!! It was also super windy outside and our trash can blew over and the porch chairs flew off the porch. One was down the street and cracked and the other one was lodged under Pop's truck. A lil bit later Pop comes over and tells me that his driver side window is busted out. I don't know if our chair did it or not. Ryan's truck wouldn't start so he drove my car to work so luckily it was in any danger where it was usually parked. We saw today there were marks from something going over his hood. Don't know if it was the thing that smashed Pop's window or if it was the chair. So stressful!!! Ryan got home from work and my family left and I just cried in his arms about how stressful the day had been! OMG!!!! Craziness!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment